Review: Secret Key Milk Whipping Hand Cream




When it comes to facial skincare I get pretty excited about trying new products, but I also have to carefully research their ingredients knowing my acne-prone skin will punish me if I don't.  This is why I'm a huge fan of hand creams because I don't have to subject them to the same high standards!  My fingers don't break out or turn red with incompatible products, so I get to try out many more with a la-di-da attitude.  If my face reacts badly to something new I have to dump it and consider it wasted $, but if I dislike a hand cream I can still use it up at the end of the day.

My collection of hand creams is extensive because I always buy more before finishing the previous ones.  They're usually cheaper than facial skincare and I know I'll definitely use them up over time, sooner or later, so I don't feel guilty about randomly trying so many.  I keep one in each purse/bag I own and rotate them around, especially when I uncover half-used ones I forgot I owned.  =P

Secret Key is a Korean brand that also makes snail products but I zeroed in on their unique Milk Whipping Hand Cream for its donkey milk ingredient.  Yes, that's right.  DONKEY MILK!  I will say it a few more times over this review because when else will I get to use that phrase??


I like the blue color of this tube and it's probably intentional of the company not to put a big hairy donkey face on its packaging because most people wouldn't associate that with skincare.  I actually had to look hard to see the little "donkey milk" phrase labelled at the top, but that's really a shame because hand cream fans like me feel this ingredient is an awesome selling point and worth trying out, even as a gag.

The small size is perfect to keep in a handbag and the cream has a sweet, baby-powder scent that fades fast.  It spreads easily and absorbs impressively quick which is awesome for me because I often apply hand cream when I'm idling at red lights and if it dries before the light changes then I don't get a greasy steering wheel.  (I don't know why I consider that a good time to apply hand cream... I know I'm weird :) 

After application my hands feel softer for an hour or so (I have pretty dry hands) but that's sufficient for me because I tend to wash my hands often for work and I don't need it to last longer since it's coming off anyway.  Donkey milk apparently delivers a nice collection of fatty acids and the other hydrating ingredients in this cream (hyaluronic acid and collagen) are reliable staples of good hand moisturizers.  It's not the most hydrating hand product I own but it more than makes up for it by being so quick to absorb and letting me enjoy donkey milk a bit more in my life.

Overall I'm happy I took a chance on this sweet little hand cream and would definitely repurchase!  It's sure to be an attention-getter when I pull it out and will, most importantly, give me an excuse to work donkey milk into everyday conversation! =D 

Summary
  • Packaging:     4/5 (hygienic; easy to control flow; opaque)
  • Smell:             4/5 (non-offensive but strong; fades quickly)
  • Performance:  4/5 (decent moisture; fast absorption)
  • Value/Price:   5/5 ($1.50 +shipping for 60ml here.. super cheap!)
  • Recommend? Yes (we all need more donkey milk in our lives)
  • Repurchase?  Yes (I already did!)

Comments

Popular Posts