Review: 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream



100% Pure's Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream is by far one of the company's most popular products and one that I've repurchased several times.  It has a simple and short ingredient list but uses "caffeine rich green tea and coffee" to target puffiness and dark circles as well as "anti-aging vitamins, antioxidants, and nourishing rosehip oil" to help with wrinkles and maintain that youthful appearance.

This is the first eye cream I ever bought after I decided to stop dabbing my face lotion around my eyes.  I previously never dealt with dark circles because I love to sleep and have no trouble keeping an early bedtime.  (My mom says as a kid I'd suddenly disappear and she'd find me snoozing in bed already :P)  In college, though, I had more homework and studying to ruin my sleep schedule so I started getting the panda rings.  The need for skincare specific to my saggy eye bags became a priority.


Since I'd already become a 100% Pure convert, I took the salesperson's advice and added this coffee eye cream to my skincare routine.  The packaging at the time was a semi-opaque hygienic tube with pump but now it's a squeeze tube.  The pump was easy to control but prone to getting backed up so I'd need to pump a few times to get it going.  It also made getting the last bit out a hassle and I'd have to cut off the end of the tube.  The more recent packaging looks like a simpler and easier set-up.

The texture is a thick but easily spreadable cream with a light coffee smell.  I found the odor weird at first but gradually got so used to it until it barely registered to me.  I know we're supposed to tap eye cream on but in my laziness I tend to just swipe it around a few times.  It absorbs fast but does leave behind a slightly oily film (I guess that's the promised "youthful glow").  This didn't bother me much so I'd use the cream for day and night.

In terms of performance the cream was alright.  I usually saw mild improvement in dark circles and puffiness, but nothing that made me think this was holy grail status.  Each time I ran out I'd repurchase because I couldn't be bothered to find an alternative and just kept defaulting to this product (my laziness is a running theme here haha).  Ultimately I realized I could just get a bit more sleep and recover from the panda look within a few days so this eye cream really couldn't compare to the simple solution of resting more.  For the chronically sleep deprived, though, this coffee eye cream does make a dent in the puffiness and dark circles as well as give some nice hydration.

However....

The hydration power may have been a bit much because around my third tube of this eye cream I realized I developed a few milia on my lower eyelids!  I'd never gotten any before and had to google a bit it to figure out what they were.  Since milia can be connected to thick, pore-plugging eye creams (waaah) I have retired this product from my lower eyelid and only use it on the upper.  It's a waste to dump it but as soon as I finish it up I will not repurchase.  It's too annoying and a little gong zhu to use 2 separate eye products.  Any time I can save on my skincare routine to gain a bit more sleep would do far better for my panda face! 

Summary
  • Packaging:     3/5 (hygienic; semi-opaque; pump gets blocked)
  • Smell:             3/5 (not a fan of coffee smell but it's very mild)
  • Performance: 3/5 (hydrating; doesn't erase the whole panda look, miliaaaaaa)
  • Value/Price:   4/5 ($21 for 1 oz lasts a good amount of time)
  • Recommend? Yes (for those that don't get milia)
  • Repurchase?  No (I'm moving onto snail eye cream now =)


Comments

Popular Posts