Review: 100% Pure Carrot Facial Scrub



Back when I was slowly recovering from overuse of acne products I bought 100% Pure's Carrot Facial Scrub to gently polish away dry skin flakes.  It wasn't enough to just stop using the harsh acne cleansers and lotions.  I had to deal with the depressing aftermath of super sensitive and extremely dry skin.  The horror of washing your face, toweling off and then slowly seeing dry lines and cracks appear on your cheeks.... Even when I only used pure water and no cleansers!  I had zero moisture barrier left over and didn't recover until months later via heavy duty moisturizers.  Before I did, though, I needed an exfoliating agent that would help get rid of my dry flakes without traumatizing my sad complexion even more.


Once again the sweet fragrance of breakfast juice lured me in and I eagerly bought this carrot smelling scrub at my local 100% Pure store.  Even the light orange color reminded me of food, mostly sun dried tomato cream cheese from Noah's Bagels haha...  There's actually tomato powder in this scrub (along with cucumber juice, carrot seed oil and avocado butter) so I'm not that far off!

As far as exfoliating power goes, this is an extremely mild scrub.  The relatively large size and softness of the scrubbing beads keeps it gentle so I could use it every morning without problems.  Since the texture is creamy and soft (probably from the essential oils included), I ended up with a nice massaged feeling.  Once it rinsed off my face felt clean but not tight or dry.

I've yet to finish my first and only tube of this product, probably because my complexion is now recovered from the assault of acne products and I can handle finer polishes in my facial scrubs now.  I would still recommend this as a daily morning wake-me-up for sensitive and dry skin, but would not repurchase because I can handle stronger and more effective chemical/manual exfoliation now.

Summary
  • Packaging:     5/5 (hygienic & semi-opaque so you see how much is left)
  • Smell:             5/5 (sweet smelling without overpowering)
  • Performance: 3/5 (gentle, hydrating; not for thorough exfoliation)
  • Value/Price:   5/5 ($21 for 4 oz lasts a good amount of time)
  • Recommend? Yes (for sensitive & dry skin)
  • Repurchase?  No (I prefer chemical exfoliation or finer polishes now)

Comments

Popular Posts