Review: 100% Pure Green Apple & Cabernet Grape Nourishing Body Creams

Green Apple Nourishing Body Cream          

I'm combining the reviews for these two body cream moisturizers from 100% Pure because they perform the same, just have different scents.  In addition to Green Apple and Cabernet Grape, you can also try a bunch of other flavors, most of which make you hungry for the real fruit/food :P

The creams claim to "immediately hydrate, soften and feed your skin nutrients for a healthy, glowing complexion." 



The nice tube packaging makes for easy dispense but over time the sticker label starts to peel at the edges and come off.  This is a minor quibble but a pet peeve of mine.  There's enough product in the tube to last a while, especially since I'm alternating with other body moisturizers.  The label corner gets linty and loses stickiness so I can't help but feel annoyed each time my hand runs past that area (yes, I'm weird like that... don't judge). 

The smells are awesome, but that's what I've come to expect from 100% Pure.  They're a little stronger than the cleanser and toner I already reviewed, but not in an offensive way.  The two scents remind me of childhood bubble gum so I probably like them for these reasons, too.  =D

Application is nice and easy because of the smooth texture and a little goes a long way.  I definitely felt a more supple quality to my skin after a few gentle rubs because the cream absorbs quickly.  The "nourishing" part probably comes from the "anti-aging antioxidants, vitamins, skin softening fruit oils and moisturizing cocoa and avocado butters" so thumbs-up for those.

However....

Grain alcohol is included as one of the last ingredients in the list.  I have mixed feelings about alcohols in cosmetics because they are responsible for the quick-drying absorption of thick products and can help ingredients penetrate faster.  In small amounts they aren't too dehydrating but they still break down the skin barrier and can cause irritation.  I let this pass, though, because I'm only using these creams for my body and not my acne-prone face.  Basically, anything north of my neck is off-limits!

The "glowing complexion" comes from the shiny sheen which makes the skin appear dewy and young but the moment I touch something I leave behind a faint residue that also clings to clothing.  Overall, these creams have nice lasting power and are great for dry or aging skin.  I used them more during winter when I didn't mind a heavier moisturizer but tended to avoid during warmer weather.

These are fun body creams that deliver, but I wish they came in smaller sizes so I get to finish them quickly and then keep trying new ones.  I have limited space to store my skincare/beauty collection and forcing myself to use things up before buying new stuff also protects my wallet!  Just like snacking instead of eating a real meal to maximize the different foods I get to try, I'm not picky about my body products and would rather keep changing things up.


Summary
  • Packaging:     4/5 (hygienic & semi-opaque; label slowly peels off)
  • Smell:             5/5 (fruity goodness... what's not to like?)
  • Performance: 4/5 (hydrating & long-lasting but slightly greasy)
  • Value/Price:   5/5 ($17 for 8 oz lasts a good amount of time)
  • Recommend? Yes (it's a nice thick moisturizer for winter)
  • Repurchase?  No (too many other fun body creams to try!)


Comments

Popular Posts