Review: Secret Key Berry Milk Hand Cream



Earlier this year I had an easy time finding excuses to slather my hands in Secret Key's Milk Whipping Hand Cream (reviewed here).  I shared my fun experience in an earlier blog post and it's clear other folks secretly enjoy donkey milk lotion, too, because it's now one of my most viewed posts! =P

I recently bought a different version, Secret Key's Berry Milk Hand Cream, which is pretty much identical in volume, ingredients, texture & performance.  The only difference is the flavor from 3 different berries and the red tube design instead of the baby blue.

This is a short review since it's mainly the fragrance that I want to comment on.  If you're interested in reading my previous post about the original version and don't mind a lot of gushing about donkey milk, click here!

I'm actually surprised by how light the scent of this Berry Milk is compared to the baby powder scent of the original, especially since this one has 3 different berry flavors (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry).  The first time I applied it I saw the same white creamy texture of the original but could barely sniff out the fruity odor.  After several more layers of application I was able to detect it, but even real fruit has more of an aroma than this hand cream.  It's not a bad thing, especially for those sensitive to strong perfumes, but I was hoping for a bit more oomph in this department.

The cream is still easy to apply, amazingly fast-absorbing and pretty good at hydration.  Hyaluronic acid and collagen are the star ingredients found in donkey milk and make for another dependable product.  I do need to reapply after about an hour, but my hands are super dry from work-related hand-washing habits so they're unusually demanding for moisture.

I still like the original Milk Whipping Hand Cream better, but mainly for the scent and not because this Berry version is deficient.  Anyway, I love carrying hand creams around in my totes/bags and now I have one more to help introduce donkey milk into everyday conversation!

Summary
  • Packaging:     4/5 (hygienic; easy to control flow; opaque)
  • Smell:             4/5 (lightly fruity; fades quickly)
  • Performance:  4/5 (decent moisture; fast absorption)
  • Value/Price:   5/5 ($1.20 +shipping for 60ml here.. super cheap!)
  • Recommend? Yes (we all need more donkey milk in our lives =)
  • Repurchase?  Yes

Comments

Popular Posts