Review: Lioele Waterdrop Sleeping Pack


 

I associate "sleeping packs" with Asian skincare because I've never heard that phrase used to describe any Western products.  The rough equivalent would probably be face masks, but those are usually heavier, more opaque things that make me think of Kabuki masks O_O.  Having tried a few sleeping packs I tend to consider them more like gel moisturizers that are marketed as overnight treatments but can actually be used during daytime, too.

Lioele's Waterdrop Sleeping Pack is a popular version I ran across on PrettyandCute a few years ago.  I was taken in by the interesting water droplet texture the gel was supposed to dissolve into upon application and since the ingredient list was surprisingly free of any acne flags I decided to give it a shot.


Many typical Korean brands use super feminine colors and designs.  Lioele is a typical one that has a Cinderella-type carriage as its brand logo.  Their sleeping pack comes in a baby blue tube that's actually understated compared to their other sparkly pink products.  (I used to be put off by that type of design but I'm used to it now because so many Asian skincare & beauty products have that kind of packaging and it can't really be avoided!) 

The tube was a bit generous with product dispense so over squeezing was annoying, especially since a little went a long way.  I was so startled the gel was the exact same baby blue color as the package I thought I was using toothpaste for a second.  The fragrance is a moderately strong floral odor that's tolerable but also contributes to the feeling that I'm using something artificial. =/

When applying the gel I found the texture quickly dissolved into a smooth and thin layer with tiny mounds or droplets left over.  These disappeared as I continued rubbing the sleeping pack into my face.  It was interesting but my expectations were probably too high and in the end I felt neutral about the water droplet texture.

Given how thin the product spread out I was pleasantly surprised by the long-lasting hydration it delivered.  I tried it as a daytime moisturizer, before applying BB cream and also as the last step in my nighttime routine.  It lasted for a good half day before my face felt like a retouch and made my foundation apply more smoothly without adding extra shine later on.  In particular it really smoothed out the dry spots around the corners of my mouth without feeling heavy at all.  During the summer it was sufficient for keeping me moisturized throughout the night, but not hydrating enough during dry seasons.  (This doesn't bother me because I have heavier cream moisturizers for winter and don't mind switching products around with the weather.)

In general, I found this sleeping pack very compatible with my skin and even though I felt a sticky layer on my face after applying, it wasn't something I was aware of unless I used my fingers to check <poke poke>.  In other words, once I massaged the sleeping pack all over I could forget about it completely.  My tolerance for product stickiness tends to be high, but my sister also uses this sleeping pack and has repurchased it (like me) so 2 thumbs up here! 

Summary
  • Packaging:     4/5 (hygienic; easy squeezing; opaque)
  • Smell:              3/5 (sweet/floral odor, a bit stronger than I like)
  • Performance:  4/5 (easy application; hydrates well for being so lightweight)
  • Value/Price:   5/5 ($15 for 120ml tube; very long-lasting)
  • Recommend? Yes (for normal skin type)
  • Repurchase?  Yes (already did!)

Comments

Popular Posts