Review: ARITAUM Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Tissue


Aritaum aloe cleansing tissue


Cleansing water is an important part of my morning routine when I need to gently remove the acne spot treatments I applied the night before.  I still use my favorite CeraVe cleanser afterwards but I always like to get rid of the dried pink sulfur spots first (no more chicken pox face to scare kids!).  My current go-to cleansing water is ARITAUM's version (reviewed here) for it's efficacy, price and non-offensive ingredients/odor. 

The others I've come across are also dependable but either cost too much (Dr. Jart Plus Dermaclear Micro Water is $32 yikes!) or smell too much (Etude House Real Art = grandma's perfume).  I've considered picking up Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water because it's super cheap but I'm wary of its potential acne-triggering hexylene glycol (a "2" on the CosDNA scale).  That's why when I decided to buy a tissue/wipe version I went straight for ARITAUM's version, the Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Tissue.

I never really saw the need for cleansing tissues because if I'm going to clean my face I'm going to do it for real with actual washing (water + lathered product + motion).  However, I've picked up Zumba classes lately and want a portable way to get rid of sweat before I get home for the real cleanse.  I always go with a bare face (no make-up & light moisturizer only) so a cleansing water is definitely appropriate but who wants to haul a large bottle back and forth and also remember the cotton pads, too??

Enter cleansing tissues!



The joke was on me, though, because when the ARITAUM cleansing tissues arrived I was confronted with a large canister that would have fit in just right with my baby nephew's butt wipes.  O_O  (Err, so much for portability!)  The 80 tissues are rolled up within the plastic cylindrical container with each one designed to be pulled out at the top.  I would have preferred a plastic pouch but oh well... The flip top prevents the wipes from drying out and you can unscrew the entire top to see how much is left over. 

ARITAUM aloe cleansing tissue


The texture of the tissue is a loose weave with less dampness than a sheet mask but enough to feel saturated.  I suppose there's a bonus exfoliation from the rougher feel but I use plenty of chemical exfoliants (salicylic acid, retinol, etc) so I feel overall neutral about it.  The edges are perforated so you can tear the sheets off but I tend to have to yank a bit and then the next sheet inevitably gets pulled out a bit.  I don't love having to stuff the next one back into the container to make it fit underneath the plastic flap.

ARITAUM aloe cleansing tissue


Not too sure what smell the tissues give off but it reminds me of sanitizer or detergent so I tend to hold my breath when using them.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an ingredient list online and I can't read the Korean on the side of the container so I'm just assuming it's the same as those found in the cleansing water, just with a wipe involved.  (To be fair, the ingredient list for the cleansing water I reviewed here was uploaded by a random user so I can't be sure it's completely accurate, too.)

I tend to swipe each wipe around my face multiple times in case the porous tissue misses anything the first time around.  The wipes do their job, removing the sweat from my face and making it feel less sticky, but it does leave behind a tacky sensation that takes a few minutes to forget.  This layer of residue/moisturizer is no big deal for me because I'd rather feel sticky than dried out. 

My acne has not worsened during the 2 months I've used this product.  I tend to average 1-3 wipe downs per week depending on how good I am about getting off the couch and going to Zumba so I see this canister lasting me at least another few months.  All in all it was a good deal from RoseRoseShop.  I personally won't re-purchase because I'm looking for more portable packaging (like a plastic pouch).  However, someone that keeps a gym locker can plunk this large container in there and be good to go.  $6 for 80 wipes is a seriously great deal. =)

P.S. I just noticed eBay is selling a pouch version but it's $4.55 for 20 sheets so even though it's still pretty cheap overall it makes me feel like I'm not getting my money's worth!

Summary:
  • Packaging:     3/5 (hygienic; bulky; not the easiest dispense)
  • Smell:             3/5 (not great but bearable)
  • Performance:  4/5 (gets everything off but has a slightly rough feel)
  • Value/Price:    5/5 ($6 + shipping on RoseRoseShop for 80 sheets; $16 on eBay)
  • Recommend? Yes (cheap & effective; bulk product)
  • Repurchase?  Nope (only because I want a more portable product)

Comments

Popular Posts