Review: ARITAUM Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Water


ARITAUM Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Water



I've used plenty of aloe vera gels but ARITAUM's Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Water is the first micellar cleansing product I've used with this main ingredient.  Micelles are oil molecules suspended in water that pick up dirt/make-up/particles from your face and represent a lighter cleansing method (versus oil or foam cleansing, etc).  They're the active agent in cleansing waters that are used in one step only without needing to be washed off in a second step.  For dry types this is a huge positive because the skin won't be left stripped and there's a layer of moisture left behind (like a toner?) to prep for the next skincare product.

This is also the first ARITAUM item I've ever tried and I'm happy to say this is a Korean brand I'll be glad to use again in the future.  I'm not sure if this company provides more selection in Korea but international retailers currently feature more of their make-up than skincare products so I hope ARITAUM comes out with more items in the future!




My first micellar water experience was via a sample of Dr. Jart's Dermaclear Micro Water.  Even though it was a good product that earned a place in my skincare lineup I realized the full-sized was waaay too expensive for me.  ARITAUM's Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Water version was a cheaper alternative I saw on RoseRoseShop & an easy gamble.  The limited online reviews didn't deter me because the CosDNA ingredient list was so short/clean of acne triggers & the online promotion was a steal ($4 for a huge 300 ml bottle!) so I'd hardly waste $ if it was a dud.

Instead of water this cleansing wash uses 91% aloe extract, a common ingredient used to treat minor skin conditions (sunburn, irritation, etc) and featured in many soothing gels with green packaging.  (Doesn't it feel like green font/graphics are a requirement for aloe products??)  As an oral supplement aloe is packed with vitamins, antioxidants & anti-inflammatory activity.  I've seen claims it can beautify skin, help digestion, treat constipation/diabetes, etc but I didn't look too far into those because that's out of the scope of this review.

The clear fluid feels & looks exactly like water so I won't bother taking pictures of the texture (just imagine water on the back your hand haha).  There's no real scent but maybe I detect a hint of aloe freshness?  The plastic bottle has a sturdy flip cap that won't break off anytime soon (I know this because I have a bad habit for roughly mangling plastic lids/caps & so I can judge quality heehee).  I'm also happy the opening dispenses the water in an efficient way without being messy.  Wasting product because it gushes out like there's no tomorrow = unhappy Ducky!

ARITAUM Aloe No-Wash Cleansing Water


So how do I use this cleansing water?


First off cleansing waters are generally NOT effective make-up removers for me.  I go full-face & heavy on the BB cream (up to a few layers) so it'd take 10+ soaked cotton pads to get everything off, a waste of product/time.  After work I do a double cleanse (oil then foam cleanser) followed by a light skincare routine (essence, gel moisturizer, eye cream).  In the hours afterwards I may stick on some acne products (pink spot serum, patches, etc) if I'll be indoors and out of the public eye.  My poor family doesn't even double-take now when they see me with pink polka dots & patches all over my face =).   

Right before bedtime I can use this aloe cleansing water on a cotton pad to remove acne product residue versus going through a foaming wash again.  Even pH-appropriate cleansers are slightly drying for me so this is a great no-wash alternative to ensure a clean face, ready to absorb my nighttime skincare goodies.

I prefer not to use micellar water as a morning wash because I want to get rid of the layered essence/lotion/creams applied the night before as well as round 2 of the acne spot treatments I use while sleeping.  Other folks with better skin (ie skin that doesn't need to be slathered in hydrating products overnight) may find cleansing water an excellent no-wash option for the morning.  However, I have to coat my dehydrated face thoroughly each night so can't get away with only a light micellar cleansing in the AM.  Another way I can imagine this product being used is as a portable cleanser pre/post gym/exercise when you don't have the time or means to thoroughly cleanse.... not that I exercise or visit the gym often enough to try it this way heehee ^__^

As to its performance...

I get a weird satisfaction in seeing my soaked cotton pads become more yellow/gray with successive swipes.  Whatever's left on my face gets picked up so easy-peasy and even my normal abhorrence of cotton pads (product-wasting skin scrubbers bleh) can be ignored because I barely have to swipe my face to pick up particles.  After several weeks of using ARITAUM's Aloe cleansing water my level of breakouts is the same.  I didn't buy this product to fix my acne because I have targeted things for that but no increase in blemishes definitely adds another thumbs up! 

My cheap pH strips (bought off eBay) put this cleansing water at roughly pH 6.5 to 7.  For folks that use alkaline cleansers (you really shouldn't tho!) this product could be potentially used as a second cleanser and toner that helps normalize skin pH

Unless they somehow increase the price drastically I will definitely repurchase this cleansing water! ^__^  I don't see it on RRS anymore (only ARITAUM's cleansing tissue version) but it's on their eBay site for $10 plus shipping.  This 300 ml bottle is so generously sized I'm hopeful it'll be back up by the time I need to re-order!

Summary
  • Packaging:     5/5 (solid bottle; easy to control flow; transparent)
  • Smell:             5/5 (barely there fresh aloe scent)
  • Performance:  4/5 (picks up so much so easily; not for heavy make-up removal)
  • Value/Price:    5/5 (it was $4 on RoseRoseShop for 300 ml! $10-20 elsewhere)
  • Recommend? Yes (cheap & effective; solid product for my skincare needs =)
  • Repurchase? Definitely!

Comments

  1. Whoa, the RRS price seems awesome. I might need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup yup, as soon as it comes back in stock I'm snatching up another!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts