Review: Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream



After using up my Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Eye Cream (reviewed here), and finding it to be an average eye cream, I decided to give its cousin, the Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, a shake.  The product claims to moisturize while helping firm skin, lift wrinkles and increase elasticity.  There's no mention of help for dark circles but I've been sleeping well these last few months (no attacks of insomnia or late night bedtimes) so don't really need something for those at this time.

The ingredients list has collagen as its star ingredient as opposed to the Snail Repair eye cream that used snail filtrate.  There are 2 ingredients (butylene glycol & dimethicone) rating 1 out of 5 as possible acne triggers and its Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil has a 2, but I don't break out around my eyes and I'm good at monitoring for milia so I didn't feel afraid to give this eye cream a shot.

I picked the 10 ml tube version of this product over the tub size for hygiene purposes and just in case I disliked the eye cream I knew I wouldn't end up spending more $ for a larger container of uselessness.  The soft plastic tube is cutely decorated with pink and purple flowery designs, but nothing too overwhelming.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the cardboard box the cream comes in has the same dark purple motif with slightly raised print.*
*In general, Mizon products come with surprisingly nice quality packaging.  Their skincare items are perfect small gifts in part because the packaging is always attractive, good quality and make the products seem more expensive than they really are :)

The gray gel has a slightly sticky texture but I can't feel it after application unless I'm poking around my eye area (and why would I?) so I'm not bothered.  The consistency is thick but not difficult to spread around.  This is important because I'm too lazy to tap cream into my eye area and tend to just lightly rub it in.  I can't discern a smell off this eye cream, but that's probably because I don't apply it near my bloodhound nose. =P

Over the last 2 months I've used this cream 2-3/day (usually after washing my face) and I'm surprised at how much I like it.  My eye area feels immediately hydrated and plump after I apply the cream.  There's a slight sheen but it matches the dewy complexion I get after using BB cream so doesn't feel out of place.  The rough areas under my brow bone have smoothed out significantly since I started this collagen eye product and I'm already nearing the end of the tube.  Plus I haven't woken up with asymmetric eye bags since using this eye cream and I know it's not because I reduced my salt intake or started sleeping on my back! 

While there's no effect on dark circles, this cream doesn't claim to address those so I'd say it comes through on its end for increasing firm skin.  My fine lines (no big wrinkles yet, whew!) are still obvious but only when I stare closely in a mirror and I don't expect collagen to be that miraculous.  I like this Mizon collagen eye cream much better than the thinner & lotion-like snail version (reviewed here) because it's more moisturizing without increasing milia or clogged pores.  The tube is small but the price is good so I will definitely repurchase!

Summary
  • Packaging:     5/5 (hygienic; easy to control flow; opaque)
  • Smell:             5/5 (can't detect anything, yay!)
  • Performance:  4/5 (hydrating; easy to apply; not for dark circles)
  • Value/Price:    5/5 (~$5 to $10 for a 10ml tube on eBay)
  • Recommend? Yes (for normal/dry skin without dark circles)
  • Repurchase? Yes

Comments

Popular Posts